Chicken and Fruit Kabobs with Mustard Leek Sauce
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories:
180, Protein: 14g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 208mg.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 small bananas
- 3 medium peaches - pitted
- 3 medium plums - pitted
- vegetable cooking spray
- curry powder
Mustard Leak Sauce:
- 1 cup chopped leaks or green onions and tops
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful
Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; cut each piece of fruit into 8 pieces. Thread chicken and fruit on 16 small wood or metal skewers; spray with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with curry powder. Grill kabobs over medium coals, or broil 6 inches from heat source, until chicken is done, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Arrange kabobs on serving plates; spoon mustard-leek sauce over. Makes 8 appetizer servings or 4 entree servings.
Mustard Leak Sauce: Sauté leeks in oil until tender in small saucepan. Stir in chicken broth, mustard, vinegar, curry powder and pepper; heat to boiling. Mix cornstarch and water; stir into boiling mixture. Boil, stirring constantly,
until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in Equal®Spoonful.