Moo Shu Pork
- 6 oz. lean boneless pork loin chops - cut into 1 inch thick strips, well trimmed
- 1/2 small onion - thinly sliced
- 2 T. minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 1/2 red bell pepper - sliced
- 5 large mushrooms - cut into matchstick-size strips
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 T. sake
- 1 T. hoisin sauce*
- 1 T. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas or frozen Chinese crepes - thawed
*Hoisin sauce is available at Southeast Asian markets and specialty foods stores.
Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat wok or heavy large skillet over high heat until very hot. Add first 4 ingredients and stir-fry until pork is brown and onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in bok choy, red bell pepper and mushrooms and stir-fry until red bell pepper is just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add bean sprouts, sake, hoisin and soy sauce and stir-fry until bean sprouts are crisp- tender, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas or crepes in foil. Place in oven to warm, about 8 minutes. Divide pork mixture among tortillas and roll up to enclose pork mixture. Serve immediately.
Original Recipe Yield: